Child Protection Policy
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
ENGADINE EAGLES FOOTBALL CLUB INC
- POLICY STATEMENT
Engadine Eagles Football Club IS committed to ensuring that health, safety and welfare of all children and young people is maintained at all times during their participation as a player, coach, official, volunteer, or spectator of Engadine Eagles Football Club. This club as an affiliated member of Football NSW and Sutherland Shire Junior Football Club fully support the Child Protection Policies and guidelines of these organizations.
The Child Protection Act 1998 sets out specific legal requirements for all organizations involved with children and young people. Engadine Eagles Football Club supports this legislation and the need to ensure the safety and welfare of all children and young people.
Child Protection will be an important responsibility of all committee members and a Child Protection Officer will be appointed as a committee member responsible for Child Protection issues.
- ROLES OF THE CHILDREN PROTECTION OFFICER AND CLUB COMMITTEE
These roles will be to:
• Promote a safe and supportive environment for all children and young people.
• Implement strategies that focus on the best interests of children.
• Increase awareness of Child Protection issues to officers, parents and players.
• Ensure that all officials and parents are aware of their legal obligations under
Child Protection legislation.
• Provide information to assist officials in dealing with all forms of child abuse.
• Provide guidelines to all officials on minimizing risk.
• Provide guidelines to all officials on notification of child abuse.
• Ensure that all members are aware of the codes of conduct.
- CODES OF CONDUCT
The philosophy behind the Child Protection policy is reflected within the codes of Codes of Conduct for all members. These Codes of Conduct align all members with the values and ethics of Engadine Eagles Football Club. They state what is considered appropriate behaviour for ensuring the welfare of children and the good reputation of this club.
- THE REVIEW
This policy and the Codes of Conduct will be reviewed annually and updated when necessary.